Using the XP downgrade tool VGN-P series.
! Important notes :
*You will require a USB CD or DVD drive or alternative solution for this.
* DVD playback is not natively supported in Windows XP, so a separate program is needed in order to playback DVD movies. This software will not be supplied by Sony.
* DVD recording is not natively supported in Windows XP, so a separate program is needed in order to write on DVD"s. This software will not be supplied by Sony.
Preparations before installing XP on your Vaio :
- Run the XP downgrade assistant and burn a disc with all drivers and utilities by selecting the 3rd option in the tool. Label the disc as "XP drivers and utilities VGN-P series".
- Download the Ethernet Driver and store it on a MemoryStick, a USB flash drive or burn it on a CD.
- Prepare the VAIO itself by making sure that :
a. The Wireless switch on the front of the unit is switched on.
b. The unit is connected on AC power.
c. No 3rd party hardware is connected / installed on the unit when starting this process.
- Install Windows XP Professional SP2 from your own retail installation disc.
! Important note :
- In case you still would like to recover using F10 from the hard disk to the original Vista preinstalled operating system, please leave the recovery partition intact.
- In case you would like to free up some space and remove the recovery partition, please make sure to first create a set of recovery discs using the Recovery wizard in your Vista preinstalled installation.
- Continue with the XP installation.
When the installation is completed, press cancel to all "found new hardware wizards".
Insert the disc you labelled as "XP drivers and utilities VGN-P series" and follow the on-screen instructions.
Install the Ethernet driver from the medium you stored it on.
Informações sobre o ficheiro
Nome do ficheiro
Arquitetura do ficheiro
- 32 bit
Tamanho do ficheiro
- 829.35 Kb
Data de lançamento