Where can I find the Windows 98 driver for VAIO USB mouse (PCGA-UMS1)?
- Driver update for VAIOs:
This update program allows you to install the appropriate driver for Windows 98 and Windows 98SE. Please follow the instructions carefully to avoid any problems during the downloading and installation procedure.
- Make sure to connect your VAIO USB mouse before installing the driver.
- If the mouse is not connected, theButtontab may not appear on the screen even after installation.
- The contents of the dialog box may differ depending on your VAIO.
- New functions
The following tabs will be added inMouse Properties.
- TheButtontab - You can set up functions for each button.
- TheWheeltab - You can easily change the scrolling speed.
- ThePointerUtilitytab - TheSonarfunction setup will help you find the pointer and thePointer Vanishfunction will automatically make the pointer invisible when you begin typing on the keyboard. TheX-Focus setupwill make the window active by simply moving the pointer over the title bar of a window.
- TheOtherstab - Setting up to display theMouseicon in the Task tray.
- Checking your driver and driver version.
NOTE: Some VAIO notebooks may have an internalButtontab for the pointing device. If you cannot find aButtontab, or if you only find theButtontab for the internal pointing device, you may have an old driver installed or improper driver installed. Follow the instructions below to download the latest driver:
- Connect the mouse to your VAIO.
- ClickStart, point toSettings, and then clickControl Panel.
- Double-clickMouse- TheMouse Propertiesdialog box now appears.
- If theButtontab is present, it is the latest driver and will not need updating.
- Download instructions
- Create a new folder to place the file downloaded from the web - Name itDownload.
- Download theOptional USB mouse driverfile into theDownloadfolder.
- When the download is complete, clickStart, point toProgramsand then clickWindows Explorer.
- ClickViewand selectDetailsto check the size of the driver - if the size is the same, the download was successfully completed.
- If the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and proceed with the download again.
- UseWindows Explorerto find theUMD_sny_4013811.exefile.
- Double-click theUMD_sny_4013811.exefile, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure thatDirectory to extracttext box showsC:\Downloadon the display.
- Click OK.
- The file opens on the extracted folder.
- Driver update instructions
(A) Uninstalling the old driver:
- Connect the USB mouse to your VAIO.
- ClickStart, point toSettings,and then clickControl Panel.
- Double-clickAdd/Remove Programsicon and click theInstall/Uninstalltab.
- SelectSony USB Mousefrom the list and clickAdd /Remove.
- Follow the on-screen instructions - When removing the old driver is completed, remove the mouse from your VAIO.
- Restart your VAIO.
(B)Installing the new driver:
- Close all active applications.
- ClickStart, point toProgramsand clickWindows Explorer.
- Browse toC:/Download.
- Double-click theSetupfile in theDownloadfolder.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation is successfully completed, theSetup Completewindow will appear - ClickFinish.
- Connect the USB mouse into the USB connector on your VAIO.
- TheNew Hardware Wizardwill appear (Please note however that some types of computers may close the rest of the procedure automatically).
- SelectSearch for the best driver for your device.
- Verify that the box next toSpecify a locationis not selected, and then clickNext.
- SelectThe updated driverand clickNexttwice.
- The installation process for the drivers will begin - You will see the following message:Software necessary for the new hardware device have been installed.
IMPORTANT NOTE for the PCG-Z600RE(Windows 98 ONLY):
To avoid any startup problems when the mouse is connected to the PCG-Z600RE, follow this procedure:
- ClickStart, point toProgramsand clickMS-DOS Prompt.
- Typecd..to obtain the C:\ prompt.
- Typeedit autoexec.batand a window will appear.
- Change the line from:C:\PROGRA~1\NETWOR~1\MCAFEE~1\SCAN.EXE C:\to:C:\PROGRA~1\NETWOR~1\MCAFEE~1\BOOTSCAN.EXE C:\.
- Save the file and then exit the DOS prompt.
Informações sobre o ficheiro
Nome do ficheiro
Arquitetura do ficheiro
- 32 bit
Tamanho do ficheiro
- 144 Kb
Data de lançamento