Where can I find the Windows 2000 PCGA-UMS1 driver for my VAIO USB mouse?
- Driver update for the following VAIOs:
This update program allows you to install the appropriate driver for Windows 2000. Please follow the instructions carefully to avoid any problems during the downloading and installation procedure.
- Make sure to connect your VAIO USB mouse before installing the driver.
- If the mouse is not connected, theButtontab may not appear on the screen even after installation.
- The contents of the dialog box may differ depending on your VAIO.
- Before installing this driver, you need the permission of an administrator to install the driver. Log on to the system using the administrator account.
- New functions
With this driver update, you will notice additional settings tabs in theMouse Properties:
- TheButtontab - you can set up functions for each button.
- TheWheeltab - You can easily change the scrolling speed.
- ThePointerUtilitytab - the Sonar function setup is added. It will help you find the pointer.
- TheOtherstab - displays theMouseicon in the Task tray.
- Checking your driver and driver version.
- Connect the mouse to your VAIO.
- ClickStart, point toSettings, and then clickControl Panel.
- Double-click theMouseicon - TheMousePropertiesdialog box will appear.
- If theButtontab is available, you have the latest driver and you will not need to continue with the steps in this article!
- ClickVAIOlogo to check the driver version. The driver version for Windows 2000 isVersion 1.31.
- Download instructions
- Create a new folder to place the file downloaded from the web and name itDownload.
- Download thePCGA-UMS1 W2K USB Mouse Driversfile into theDownloadfolder.
- When the download is complete, clickStart, point toProgramsand then clickWindows Explorer
- ClickViewand selectDetailsto check the size of the driver - if the size is the same, the download was successfully completed.
- If the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and proceed with the download again.
- UseWindows Explorerto find theUMS1_2000.exefile.
- Double-click theUMS1_2000.exeicon, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure thatDirectory to extracttext box showsC:\Downloadon the display.
- Click OK.
- Driver update instructions
After downloading the driver, follow the instructions below:
- Close all open applications.
- Connect the VAIO USB mouse to your VAIO.
- ClickStart, point toProgramsand then clickWindows Explorer
- Browse toC:\Download.
- Double-click theSetupfile in theDownloadfolder, and then follow the on-screen instructions. Once the installation is successfully completed, theSetup Completewindow appears. ClickNext.
Informações sobre o ficheiro
Nome do ficheiro
Arquitetura do ficheiro
- 32 bit
Tamanho do ficheiro
- 723 Kb
Data de lançamento