Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program
This Firmware update will provide Memory Stick Pro support on the following model:PCG-C1MHP
IMPORTANT NOTESThis Firmware update will provide Support for Memory Stick PRO with the following conditions:
- This "Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program" ONLY provide support for reading and accessing the High Memory capacity of Memory Stick PRO.
- This "Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program" does not support High Speed transfer rate and Security feature that Native Memory Stick PRO devices supports.
- To be able to Format Memory Stick PRO Media theMemory Stick Pro Formattersoftware must be install after applying this "Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program". Memory Stick Pro Formatter is available onhttp://www.sony.net/memorystick/supporte/
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLYDo not shutdown the unit while the Firmware update procedure is in progress.
Do not stop the Firmware update procedure while in progress.
Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system !!
- Download and uncompress the Upgrade:
- Download "Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program" to a temporary directory (please note this directory for reference).
- From this Directory, Double click SOFMSC-00542201-UN.exe to start uncompressing.
- Select a folder, where this file will be saved to, for example C:\MS FW Update Tool\
- Click to Save.
- Preparation for Updating:
A Standard Memory Stick (Not a Memory Stick PRO) is necessary for this update.
Install the "Memory Stick Slot Firmware Update Program" on your VAIO computer as a preparation for firmware update.
- Double-Click "MS FW Update Tool.exe" from for example C:\MS FW Update Tool\
- The installation starts. Please follow the installation instruction.
- When the [InstallShield Wizard Complete] dialogue box appears, click the [Finish] button.
- Now you have completed the installation of "Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program" successfully.
- Update procedure
Please update the "Memory Stick Slot Firmware" on your VAIO computer.
- Click the [Start] button - [All Programs] - [Memory Stick Slot Firmware Update Tool] and click [Memory Stick Slot Firmware Update Tool]
- The "Advanced" dialogue box appears, a note in updating Memory Stick Slot Firmware is displayed.
- Please insert a readable/writable Memory Stick (Not a Memory Stick PRO) into your VAIO computer. Then, press [OK].
(*All of the data in the Memory Stick you use in updating Firmware will be deleted. Please back it up in the hard disk of your VAIO computer or somewhere else.
- When the "About Writing Data" dialogue box appears, click [OK].
- The confirmation message appears. Click [OK].
- When the data transfer into Memory Stick is completed, "Write Protect Setting" dialogue box appears. Please follow the message and remove the Memory Stick and slide the Write Protect Switch to [Lock] and insert it into the slot again. Click [OK] when you have inserted it.
- "Shutdown" message appears. Click [OK].
Please do not remove the Memory Stick until the next message comes out.
- Your computer will shut down. Turn on your computer several seconds later. When your computer starts as usual, [Start] dialogue box appears.
Please remove the Memory Stick and insert it again with Write Protect Switch off (slide it to the opposite side of [Lock]). Click [OK] when you have inserted it.
- The Memory Stick starts to be formatted. When the format is completed, [Update succeeded] dialogue box appears. Click [OK].
Now you have successfully completed updating the Memory Stick Slot. Please make sure to install the Memory Stick Pro Formatter also available onhttp://www.sony.net/memorystick/supporte/
Informações sobre o ficheiro
Nome do ficheiro
Arquitetura do ficheiro
- 32 bit
Tamanho do ficheiro
- 2.86 Mb
Data de lançamento