BIOS Upgrade R0105X0
This program will update the BIOS on the VAIO notebooks listed below.
This BIOS update will fix the following problem:
- Battery LED sometimes indicates "Charging" in spite of Full Battery.
NOTE: If this problem occurred, Battery Meter of OS indicated 0%.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Before starting, be sure the notebook is running from AC power. Do not stop the BIOS update procedure while in progress. Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system!!
1. Download the file "R0105X0 (BIOS Upgrade Floppy).exe" to a download directory (please note this directory for reference)
Creating a BIOS Upgrade Floppy disk
1. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click "R0105X0 (BIOS Upgrade Floppy).exe".
2. Insert an empty Floppy Disk into the floppy disk drive.
3. Click OK. This will generate a bootable BIOS Upgrade Floppy.
Updating the BIOS
1. Leave the BIOS Upgrade Floppy disk you"ve just created in the floppy disk drive.
2. Restart the notebook, so it will boot from the floppy disk.
3. A message appears on the screen asking you if you want to update the BIOS. Type "y" to proceed.
4. Please wait, as the update of the BIOS will take a few minutes to complete. Once the update is complete, the notebook will automatically turn off.
5. Eject the BIOS Upgrade Floppy from the drive.
6. Turn on the notebook.
7. At the black VAIO screen, press the F2 key to enter the BIOS Setup.
8. Press the F9 key to load default configurations. "Yes" is highlighted. Press Enter.
9. Press the F10 key to save changes and exit. "Yes" is highlighted. Press Enter.
10. After Windows restarts, the installation of the BIOS is complete.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
Sony Corporation will not be responsible for any problems caused by customer"s improper operation
when customers did not follow the instructions below.
1.Make sure to follow the instruction correctly in this program.
2.This program is only for the above stated Sony VAIO notebooks.
3.The property rights protect this program. Customers are not allowed to deliver a copy, or use in a way Sony does not determine.
4.Sony Corporation is not responsible for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly from using this program.
Sony, VAIO and the VAIO logo are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Microsoft, MS, MS-DOS, Windows and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft
Informações sobre o ficheiro
Nome do ficheiro
Arquitetura do ficheiro
- 32 bit
Tamanho do ficheiro
- 529 Kb
Data de lançamento