Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program
This Firmware update will provide Memory Stick Pro support to the following VAIO models:
- PCG-GRS515M, PCG-GRS515SP
- PCG-GRX315MK, PCG-GRX315MP, PCG-GRX316G, PCG-GRX316MK, PCG-GRX316MP, PCG-GRX316SK, PCG-GRX316SP, PCG-GRX415MK, PCG-GRX415MP, PCG-GRX416G, PCG, GRX416SK, PCG-GRX416SP, PCG-GRX516MD, PCG-GRX516SP, PCG-GRX616MK
- PCG-NV105, PCG-NV109M, PCG-NV205, PCG-NV209, PCG-NV309
- PCG-R600HFK, PCG-R600HFP, PCG-R600HFPD, PCG-R600HMK, PCG-R600HMKD, PCG-R600HMP, PCG-R600HMPD, PCG-R600MF, PCG-R600MX
- PCG-SRX51P, PCG-SRX51P/A, PCG-SRX51P/B
This Firmware update will provide Support for Memory Stick PRO on the following conditions:
- This Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program ONLY provides support for reading and accessing the High Memory capacity of Memory Stick PRO.
- This Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program does not support High Speed transfer rate and data security feature that Native Memory Stick PRO devices support.
NOTE: To be able to format Memory Stick PRO Media, the Memory Stick Pro Formatter software must be installed having downloaded Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program. To install Memory Stick Pro Formatter,click here.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Do not shutdown the computer while the Firmware update procedure is in progress.
- Do not stop the Firmware update procedure while in progress.
- Not any of the above, could severely damage your system !!
- In order to preform this update you need a regular (non pro) Memorystick (or Memorystick DUO) which has a Lock (write protect) switch.
1. Download and unzip the Upgrade:
- Download theMemory Stick PRO Firmware Update Programto a download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the download directory, and double clickMSPROFW.exe.
- ClickUnzip- The file will be extracted to the following new directory.
- ClickCloseto exit WinZip Self-Extractor program.
2. Preparation for Updating:
- A Standard Memory Stick (Not a Memory Stick PRO) is necessary for this update.
- Install the "Memory Stick Slot Firmware Update Program" on your VAIO computer as a preparation for firmware update.
- Double-ClickMS FW Update Tool.exe- The installation starts. Please follow the installation instruction.
- When InstallShield Wizard Complete dialogue box appears, clickFinishbutton.
You have completed the installation of "Memory Stick PRO Firmware Update Program successfully.
3. Update procedure
Please update the "Memory Stick Slot Firmware" on your VAIO.
- ClickStart, point toAll Programs, Memory Stick Slot Firmware Update Tooland clickMemory Stick Slot Firmware Update Tool.
- Advanceddialogue box appears -This program is for updating Memory Stick slot firmwaremessage is displayed.
- Please insert a readable/writable Memory Stick (Not a Memory Stick PRO) into your VAIO.
- Click OK.
NOTE: (* All the data in the Memory Stick in updating Firmware will be deleted. Please back up your data in the hard disk of your VAIO or somewhere else.
- WhenAbout Writing Datadialogue box appears, click OK.
- The confirmation message appears, Click OK.
- When the data transfer into Memory Stick is completed,Write Protect Settingdialogue box appears. Please follow the message and remove the Memory Stick and slide the Write Protect Switch to Lock and insert it into the slot again.
- After inserting it, click OK.
- Shutdown message appears, Click OK.
NOTE: Please do not remove the Memory Stick until the next message appears.
- Your computer will shut down. Turn on your computer after few seconds. When your computer starts as usual,Startdialogue box appears.
- Please remove the Memory Stick and insert it again with Write Protect Switch off (slide it to the opposite side of Lock).
- Click OK.
- The Memory Stick starts to be formatted. When the format is completed, Update succeeded dialogue box appears - Click OK.
Now you have successfully completed updating the Memory Stick Slot.
NOTE: Make sure that you have installed Memory Stick Pro Formatter.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
Sony Corporation will not be responsible for any problems caused by customer’s improper operation when customers did not follow the instructions below.
- In order to perform this update you need a regular (non pro) Memorystick (or Memorystick DUO) which has a Lock (write protect) switch.
- Make sure to follow the instruction correctly in this program.
- This program is only for the above stated Sony VAIO notebooks.
- The property rights protect this program. Customers are not allowed to deliver a copy, or use in a way Sony does not determine.
- Sony Corporation is not responsible for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly from using this program.
- Sony, VAIO and the VAIO logo are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- Microsoft, MS, MS-DOS, Windows and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
Informações sobre o ficheiro
Nome do ficheiro
Arquitetura do ficheiro
- 32 bit
Tamanho do ficheiro
- 2.71 Mb
Data de lançamento