Conexant internal modem driver upgrade for the VAIO models PCG-FX101, PCG-FX103, PCG-QR10 (Windows Millennium preinstalled).
NOTES: Please follow the installation procedure carefully*.
Please note that this program is only for the Sony VAIO notebooks stated above. Without limitations, you may not reproduce, copy, rent, lease, or sell these drivers/utilities. Unauthorized use of these drivers/utilities violates copyright and other intellectual property rights and Sony reserves all rights. Sony, VAIO and the VAIO logo are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Microsoft, MS, MS-DOS, Windows and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
This driver update resolves the following issues:
- When I try to connect to AOL, I always have to dial a second time in order to get a connection.
- My computer stops responding when using pulse dialing.
- Download instructions
- Create a new folder to place the file downloaded from the web. Name it theDownloadfolder.
- Download theModem Driversfile from your models download section into theDownloadfolder.
- When the download is complete, clickStart, point toPrograms,Accessoriesand then clickWindows Explorer.
- Browse to the download folder and selectMDD_con_21418_me.exeselectView, and then clickDetails- Check the size of the driver. If the size is the same as mentioned on the download page, the download was performed successfully. If the size is different, delete the file you have downloaded and proceed with the download procedure once more.
- TheMDD_con_21418_me.exefile you have downloaded is a self extractable file - InWindows Explorer, double-clickMDD_con_21418_me.exeto open the file -WinZip Self-Extractordialogue box appears
- TypeC:\Downloadin theUnzip to folderfield and the clickUnzip.
- Click OK once all the files have been extracted - ClickClose.
- Update driver instructions
- ClickStart, point toSettings, and then clickControl Panel.
- Double-clickAdd/Remove Program.
- SelectGeneric SoftK56 Modemfrom the list and clickAdd/Remove- ClickYesto confirm file deletion.
- ClickYeswhen prompted to restart your VAIO.
- In theAdd New Hardware Wizard, clickNext.
- SelectSpecify the location of the driver, and clickNext.
- SelectSearch for a better driver than the one your device is using nowand select the check box in front ofSpecify a location.
- Browse toC:\Downloadand clickNext.
- TheGeneric PCI Modem Enumeratoris installed - ClickFinish
- TheConexant-Ambit SoftK56 Data, Fax ICH Modemdriver is automatically installed.
Informações sobre o ficheiro
Nome do ficheiro
Arquitetura do ficheiro
- 32 bit
Tamanho do ficheiro
- 1.54 Mb
Data de lançamento