BIOS R0122S5What is this?
BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System.
It refers to a piece of firmware which is run when powered on. Its primary functions are to identify and initiate component hardware, and to prepare the computer so that other programs can load.
Is this relevant for you?
This BIOS update does not provide additional functionality. It just changes the way the total amount of available memory is represented in the bios. So it is not a required update.
What does it fix?
This update changes the way total memory is represented in the BIOS Setup menu. The previous BIOS version showed the memory size available to Windows Vista in preinstalled state (so without Service Pack 1 installed). This new version shows the physically installed memory size.
How do I perform this update?
Caution: If you use BitLocker, turn it off before the below steps and turn it on after the update finished. If you update with the BitLocker ON, the BitLocker recovery password is required to boot Windows.
1. Exit all running programs.
2. Download this update and save it to your hard drive.
3. When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file in the location you specified.
4. Double-click EP0000149537.exe to run it.
5. Wait while the wizard updates your software.
6. When the installation is complete, restart the VAIO.
Informações sobre o ficheiro
Nome do ficheiro
Arquitetura do ficheiro
- 32 bit
Tamanho do ficheiro
- 1.1 Mb
Data de lançamento