Firmware Update 1.5f for Sony DW-U50A (CD-RW / DVD+/- RW Drive)
This program will update Firmware on the following VAIO Notebook models running Windows XP:
This module is a firmware updater for Windows.
It updates DW-U50A firmware to 1.5f
Added support for writing on a 1 to 4 speed DVD+RW media.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Do not shutdown the unit while the Firmware update procedure is in progress.
Do not stop the Firmware update procedure while in progress.
Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system !!
How to verify if your unit has a Sony DW-U50A?
1. Click on the Start button and than right click on My Computer.
2. Click on Properties.
3. Select the Hardware tab and than click on Device Manager.
4. Double click on DVD/CD-ROM drives.
5. Verify now that you can see Sony DVD RW DW-U50A
6. If you have the corresponding drive, than you can proceed with the Firmware upgrade.
Download the Upgrade:
1. Double click on "Sony DW-U50A (1.5f)".
2. Select a folder, where this file will be saved to, for example "C:\Download\".
3. Click to "Save".
Extract the file to the hard disk:
1. Go to the folder where the file "DWU50A_15f_FW.exe" has been saved.
2. Double click the file "DWU50A_15f_FW.exe".
3. Make sure that in the field "Unzip to folder" "C:\Download\" is mentioned.
4. Then click to "Unzip". The files will be extracted.
5. When a window appears with "3 file(s) unzipped successfully", click OK.
6. Click to "Close" to close the application.
1. Open the Windows Explorer and go to the following folder: "C:\Download\DW-U50A-VN FW1.5f Updater\".
2. Run update file "U50A_15f.exe".
3. The dialog box for a starting check appears. Close all applications before clicking the "Yes" button.
4. Make sure the drive name is "Sony DVD RW DW-U50A xxxx".
5. If xxxx is not equal to "1.5f", then this drive need to be updated to the new firmware.
6. Click the "Start Update" button.
7. Click "Yes", when the screen displays "Before Updating". Your computer will restart now.
8. Click the "Start Update" button.
9. If you are ready to update, click on "Yes".
10. The FW-update is started (automatic). Please, don"t turn off the computer until the upgrade is completed.
11. If the Update is finished, Click "Yes". The unit will restart.
How to identify the new version?
1. Use the update tool to identify the new version.
2. Go to the following folder: "C:\Download\DW-U50A-VN FW1.5f Updater\"
3. Double click on the update tool: "U50A_15f.exe"
4. The dialog box for a starting check appears. Click the "Yes" button.
5. Make sure the drive name is "Sony DVD RW DW-U50A 1.5f".
6. If you see the same drive name, than the firmware has been updated correctly.
7. Click on Exit.
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
Sony Corporation will not be responsible for any problems caused by customer"s improper operation when customers did not follow the instructions below.
1.Make sure to follow the instruction correctly in this program.
2.This program is only for the above stated Sony VAIO notebooks.
3.The property rights protect this program. Customers are not allowed to deliver a copy, or use in a way Sony does not determine.
4.Sony Corporation is not responsible for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly from using this program.
Sony, VAIO and the VAIO logo are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Microsoft, MS, MS-DOS, Windows and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
Informações sobre o ficheiro
Nome do ficheiro
Arquitetura do ficheiro
- 32 bit
Tamanho do ficheiro
- 965.5 Kb
Data de lançamento